Friday, February 7, 2014

THE FAULT IN OUR STARS

The shortest tearjerker video ever and probably my personal favorite, most awaited movie for 2014.





Gus (played by Ansel Elgort) is just as I imagined him to be when I was reading the book back in December 2012. But I always thought of Hazel (played by Shailene Woodley) as thin, frail and perhaps a little smaller. I knew the actress from George Clooney's movie "The Descendants" and turns out Shailene Woodley was also Amy Juergens in "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" (2008). But she was smaller and younger back then. She grew taller I guess (or my judgment is playing tricks on me?) and looked a little different with short hair, in a good and mature way.

I really look forward to watching this movie because I cried a river while reading the book. It's a fact that a motion picture can't possibly capture all the readers' favorite parts and highlight everything at the level of their sky rocket high expectations, (because I have not seen one so far) but I definitely think this movie will not disappoint. Let's cross our fingers, Okay? 'kay. 

Favorites:

"No matter how hard you kick, no matter how high you get, you can't go all the way around." - Swing set ad by Augustus and Hazel

*  *  *  *

“May I see you again?" he asked. There was an endearing nervousness in his voice.



I smiled. "Sure."

"Tomorrow?" he asked.

"Patience, grasshopper," I counseled. "You don't want to seem overeager. 

"Right, that's why I said tomorrow," he said. "I want to see you again tonight. But I'm willing to wait all night and much of tomorrow." I rolled my eyes. "I'm serious," he said. 

"You don't even know me," I said. I grabbed the book from the center console. "How about I call you when I finish this?"

"But you don't even have my phone number," he said.

"I strongly suspect you wrote it in this book." 

He broke out into that goofy smile. "And you say we don't know each other.” 

*  *  *  *

“Some people don't understand the promises they're making when they make them," I said.



"Right, of course. But you keep the promise anyway. That's what love is. Love is keeping the promise anyway.” 

*  *  *  *

“there is no shortage of fault to be found amid our stars”. 

3 comments:

  1. do you like to read? how many books have you read already and what`s your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I love reading. But I only read novels that piques my interest, so most of the time I end up blog hopping. But few of my favorites are Veronica decides to die, attachment and the firm :)

      Delete
    2. Have you read David Copperfield? :) And if you don't mind my asking so, did you attend some grammar classes before and if you're really confident with your grammar? Thank you!

      Delete