Sunday, August 5, 2012

Cake of Opportunity: Cake2go!

It's my sister's birthday! (the eldest: Ate Ann) Went out for lunch and she's paying! But mom and I decided we can't just go empty handed so a newly opened branch of Cake2Go in Pearl Drive, North Fairview (in the internet it says Don Antonio branch for whatever reason) saved us. I have heard about the pastry shop, their mini cakes, delivery services and how they are expanding but I have not tried it once. Their branches before were far and I have so many pastry shops in mind to explore. But hey, it's a cake of opportunity!

Few cake selections but I was not surprised. The space in the shop is a little narrow and manned by a single courteous employee. They could have been more artistic with the cake but they have sugar-free selections (bottom row), that's a big YES!


I might try their cookies next time. Partially empty humongous jars convinced me! 


In search for the cake of opportunity for my thoughtful sister, I drooled over these:




But their featured cake won us over, the Mango Meringue Cake. The taste quite frankly, reminds me of Mango Bravo of Conti's in a homey and petite style. 



My sister and the folks seemed to enjoy it after a sumptuous meal. Happy birthday ate Ann!






Cake2Go is gradually expanding, going big on delivery services as their road to the market, a certain factor that consumers in this generation consider and some pastry shops oftentimes ignore. Way to go!

Sucky camera settings. Sorry. Not sorry. :) Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment